Hello! We’re the Hilemans, a family of four and co-founders of local business Hyggelight, The Growing Candle. We are searching for a nanny for an energetic, adventurous 4-year-old and sweet-as-can-be 3-month-old for 24-28 hours per week. Our toddler likes to be outdoors and will also be exploring virtual learning during the times you are together. She enjoys helping out with gardening, building things, playing instruments and playing make believe. Our youngest is working on tummy-time and a thesis on Family Dynamics. (We’re kidding… but we hope you’ll consider the following before becoming a welcome addition to ours):
- Must have a newer, clean and well-maintained vehicle for transportation
- Must be available, and able to stick to our agreed upon *schedule
- Preferred Bachelors in Early Education or Masters in other Field with related experience
- Have your First Aid and CPR certifications
- An FBI BCI check
- Develop engaging and educational activities appropriate for developmental age of child
- Assist with virtual learning
- Pack nutritional lunches as well as assist with meal preparation
- Maintain a clean house, including doing dishes, running laundry, wiping down surfaces
- Good sense of humor! We like to laugh and create a happy home environment
- Creative & Artistic! We believe in solving puzzles with our own creative solutions
- Intelligent and Curious! An encouraging role model who loves teaching and learning
- Athletic + Nature-Lover! Ready to move around whether indoors or outside!
Important to note:
- Our business has peak times when you MUST be available to work: Those are 30 days leading up to Mother’s Day & 60 days leading up to Christmas.
- Payment is structured upon competitive W2 compensation
- Must have an updated passport in case you are invited to travel with us. Our family takes one vacation per quarter for respite and research!
We use redirection as a tool for discipline. We have a solid schedule we adhere to for meals, playtime and quiet/naptime(s). Our parenting style reflects the moral values instilled in us to treat others kindly while fostering age-appropriate autonomy that promotes healthy self-esteem and trust of self.
We do not use “put-downs”, name-calling, or corporal punishment of any kind. We expect our nanny to continue fostering healthy choices and an atmosphere of learning and fun.
Please apply if you are ready to work ASAP and fit the qualifications above. We sincerely look forward to meeting with you and the potential of your hire.
Send resumes and (3) references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chris and Cyndi Hileman